Questions on versions and items

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
pjft

Questions on versions and items

Post by pjft » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:00 am

Hi guys,

I've recently bought Swords of Fargoal Legends for my iPad, and while I've been enjoying it somewhat, I've also had a few questions in terms of how best to play.

My main gripe - and it might just be the fact that I am used to other kinds of games - is the lack of stats in items. When I bump into a new shield, for instance, the UI says I can pick it up. However, it doesn't tell me much more than its material. As such, I have to make a decision on which shield to take with me, based on - in that case - wood vs. leather... and it seems overly vague to me, since I have no idea which if them is supposed to be - at least - more robust.

Is there something I am missing - or is there something that can help me sort out these small differences? Or should I just stick to its durability (the one I had is still at 89, while the leather one is at 80)? Or should I just ignore it at all? :) Will weapon pickups face the same problem?

Also, after that, I looked here in the forums for possible questions that were similar to mine, and I ended up finding two other things that I am now unclear of.

1 - Is Sword of Fargoal Legends substantially different to Sword of Fargoal on iPhone? What are the main differences, if I may ask?

2 - Are there any updates on making Fargoal Legends universal, in terms of timeline? Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4? At the same time as Fargoal 2.0?

Just asking. I'm liking the game a lot, I'm just finding it a lot vaguer than I expected, for newcomers.

Any help is appreciated :)

Regards, and keep up the great work.

Paulo Tavares

madgarden

Re: Questions on versions and items

Post by madgarden » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey pjft, yeah there are no visible stats for the shields, you just have to learn by using them. It's intended to be fairly intuitive as to which is crappy (barrel lid) and which is good (metal). Aside from that, just experiment. :)

As for your questions:

1. Fargoal Legends is published by Chillingo, and is for iPad only. It supports the higher resolution graphics set.

2. Legends will be going universal in the next update, which should be pretty soon now.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

pjft

Post by pjft » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:44 am

Hi Madgarden,

Thanks for the answers. If that's the case, then I'll just experiment, yes, and hope for the best :) At least I'm not missing anything, which is good.

Keep up the great work, and looking forward to the update!

Paulo Tavares

leziel

Post by leziel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 am

Yes i agree about that sir this game was really amazing and fun, i love all the weapons of this game, cant imagine how nice is the sword of this game..

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm