Just picked the game up - a few questions

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Puce Moose

Just picked the game up - a few questions

Post by Puce Moose » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I just bought Sword of Fargoal a few days ago and have been enjoying it. Excellent presentation quality.

I have a few questions:

1) How do you use wands? I can't seem to get a wand to actually "shoot". I once shot a wand accidentally (wand of striking), hitting a rock in front of me.

2) A few times, my character has starting moving extremely fast for a few seconds; is there a gesture/press combo to activate 'run mode'?

3) Is there a guide/manual/codex about various items? I found a painbringer amulet, which causes a howling noise when I wear it. However, I don't know what exactly it's doing, or if it's good or bad.

4) On the Use/Cast/Equip menu, it looks like there's a small down arrow at the bottom. Is there another screen you can access with more options? Whenever I try to press the little arrow it just closes the menu.

Thanks for your time!

snallygaster

Re: Just picked the game up - a few questions

Post by snallygaster » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 am

Hi!

1) This is explained in the tutorial. Basically, after equipping the wand, you hold your finger on your character for a couple of seconds, then drag to the target & release.
2) If you make a long drag (most of the way across the screen), you can run fast. A shorter drag makes you run the usual speed.
3) No, but you can search these forums and wikipedia for some info, or just experiment.
4) The arrow shows that there are more items in your inventory; you get to them not by touching the arrow but by dragging or flicking up/down on the menu.

Puce Moose

Post by Puce Moose » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Thank you snallygnaster. I appreciate the answers.

I made it all the way to level 9 this time before I croaked! That's the deepest I've been. I've definitely gotten my money's worth in just the four or five hours that I've played it. Perfect treadmill game!

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Ah, yeah the controls for wand usage aren't my favoutie thing... it's all fixed up and way better in Fargoal 2, and hopefully we'll get a chance to backport some of those improvements to Legends.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Sofiabern

Post by Sofiabern » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:12 am

Hello sir just new for this game topic i was read more about swords of fargoal i was interested to play this game,, i just want t know how to play more this game thanks..

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 am