Questions, questions....

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Magycmyste

Questions, questions....

Post by Magycmyste » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi! I'm pretty new to this game (never played the original), and I've so far died a few times and playing on squire mode (I know, I know - I'll try again on hero mode once I think I'm ready again - but endless lives is really helpful). It's managed to fill several hours of my life when I would have been really bored.... and also managed to eat away at some of the hours I should have been getting other stuff done.

That said - I had some questions about it.

The first one is there a list somewhere of the various items that can be found, or that people have found? I know the levels are randomly generated, and I probably won't find everything on one run-through. It's just, ever since I found a macabre shield in one secret room, I'm just really curious what else there is.

Next - Is there a secret door on each level? Or is that something that may or may not appear when the level is generated? I've found some, but not on every level - On the other hand, I didn't always look, unless I could tell there was some space on the other side that might have something (that, and a couple of circular areas that I just couldn't find a door to.

Lastly (for now - this is one that popped into my head while browsing), are there areas (level maps, secret areas) that are only accessible from another floor? If that's the case, I may need to go up some levels and do some remapping - I had just figured that all parts of a level would be accessible from each other without having to go to a different floor.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

snallygaster

Re: Questions, questions....

Post by snallygaster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:09 am

Well, I'm new, too, but I think I can answer those questions:
There isn't a single list anywhere (yet), but there's a lot of information around on this forum. The Wikipedia entry for Sword of Fargoal has some info too.
A map can have 0, 1 or more secret doors.
There ARE some maps that can only be accessed from a stairway above or below. But there are always 4 maps per level, so as long as you find 4, you don't need to check every staircase.

Magycmyste

Post by Magycmyste » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:22 am

That's extremely helpful! Thanks!

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Hopefully down the road we'll be able to list this stuff in-game as you uncover it. Just haven't had time to add that kind of thing yet. :)
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Magycmyste

Post by Magycmyste » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

That'll be awesome! Thanks!

Obezamatt

Post by Obezamatt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 am

That was really helpful sir.. thanks and i have one questions, were can i get the best swords for this game, newly player.

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:06 pm

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:08 pm

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 pm

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:10 pm