Weapons, spells, biestery, ect

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
la1cajun

Weapons, spells, biestery, ect

Post by la1cajun » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Is there a website, or maybe its on here and I havnt found it, that has all the spells, scrolls, weapons and such we can reference?

madgarden

Re: Weapons, spells, biestery, ect

Post by madgarden » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:47 pm

There is nothing official yet, but if you look up Fargoal on Wikipedia, there is a bunch of info that covers both the original and iPhone versions.

We hope to create something once we have time.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

la1cajun wrote:Is there a website, or maybe its on here and I havnt found it, that has all the spells, scrolls, weapons and such we can reference?
Doesnt that take all the fun out of exploring? ;) But yea, what Madgarden said. Hey, shouldn't he be coding instead of posting on the forums!?! Git to work you slacker, it's only 11 p.m! :P
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah your right, that might take away from some of the exploring :) . While im writing here i got a couple of more questions since im a newbie, is there a way to check your weapon to see what enchant is on it and such. I read in a couple of places that people are putting enchants on there weapons and such, but I dont see where I can see my stats at with weapons a such. Also i Think im right here but is there a way to sell stuff...i dont think there is but thought Id ask...when I need a new shield I just drop and pick one up thats better or when mine breaks.. :lol: . ANyway...thanks guys and keep up the good work..still searching for my first secret door and havnt found one yet and IM on level 6-7. Guess IM not looking hard enough. :mrgreen: see you guys later!

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Yeah, if you pause the game it shows a bunch of stats, including your weapon enchantment.

There's no way to sell stuff, because you're not even supposed to be in that dungeon. ;) So, just beat down some barbarians etc. and take their stuff. :)
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey heres one more question..and their may be more...but i did the training and the hidden door was just their...but on another post I thought I saw somewhere that you have to "search" for it or something....I think that may be the case as I am on level 8 and still hadnt seen any doors to unlock with my wand of opening....any advice on these "secret" doors? Thanks again...

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: the secret doors -- you have two choices: 1) you can kick the walls where it appears from the map that there might be space for a secret door leading to a secret room or 2) you can use a light spell. If you use the spell, as you walk by a wall area where there's a secret door, a symbol will appear which sort of looks like an O with a long line through it. Kick there and you're in. ;)

You definitely will want to go back and check because some really good stuff -- like orbs and shields -- are hidden in those spaces.

Re: the wand of opening -- you can use it to open chests that your detect spell indicates has a trap. This way you don't blow yourself up! :lol: The wand is also useful for certain doors that close behind you and your only choice is to drop down a hole or use the wand to open it and leave. Personally, I prefer the latter. :D

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Ok this is strange :shock: , so I go back "up" working my way from floor 8 to 1 to look for these secret doors. A couple of times going up and now coming back down im getting into areas where I havnt been and I thought I had covered all areas on each floor. So my question is do the floors, even though Ive been through them, reset and generate a new floor even though youve been through already or could these areas just be actually places I failed to cover the first time through? Im thinking the floors are all generated at the start of the dungeon and these are areas I havnt covered and thought I did. But thats just what im thinking.. :lol:

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:33 pm

la1cajun wrote:Ok this is strange :shock: , so I go back "up" working my way from floor 8 to 1 to look for these secret doors. A couple of times going up and now coming back down im getting into areas where I havnt been and I thought I had covered all areas on each floor. So my question is do the floors, even though Ive been through them, reset and generate a new floor even though youve been through already or could these areas just be actually places I failed to cover the first time through? Im thinking the floors are all generated at the start of the dungeon and these are areas I havnt covered and thought I did. But thats just what im thinking.. :lol:
These are placed you failed to uncover the first go around. Or its possible that your map to that area was destroyed so you have to uncover it again and don't remember it. But yeah, once they are generated they stay the same through that game, otherwise it would be very tricky getting out with the sword. (Hmmmm...or maybe this IS one of Mr. Madgarden's maniacal jokes!No no, even he couldn't be that cruel...or could he! *cue the murder mystery music) dun dun dun DUNNNNNN!
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 pm

lol...here we go...