Why I quit playing Fargoal

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Tribal01

Re: Why I quit playing Fargoal

Post by Tribal01 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 pm

yeah I'm sort of committing thread necromancy here but oh well.

I've had a very different experience with the explosions and map loss. Its only happened to me 3 times and I'm 15 levels down in the dungeon. I'm pretty obsessive about mapping out the whole thing too (I was even in the old 80's version of the game) but for me it just gives me an excuse to stay on one level and re-map it, thus fighting more monsters and gaining more experience. I like to be at least 2 exp levels higher than the dungeon level I'm on and remapping is more fun than just sitting there listening to the monsters growl as they come up or down the stairs.

I can see where if it happened all the time (especially early on in the game) it would get really annoying.

HateSleep

Post by HateSleep » Sat May 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Only thing more annoying than this? Falling asleep and being screamed to death by wraiths.

jacobhankins

Post by jacobhankins » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Fargoal is a fun game i never think i can quit playing this game.
Being angry is like picking up a butterfly knives with no handle, it is self harming.

bloewenberg

Post by bloewenberg » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:05 am

:!: I quit since the developers have LIED TO US FOR OVER TWO YEARS about a new version coming out.

Promises, Promises ... yada, yada, yada.

bluewomble88

Post by bluewomble88 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm

bloewenberg wrote: :!: I quit since the developers have LIED TO US FOR OVER TWO YEARS about a new version coming out.

Promises, Promises ... yada, yada, yada.

Exactly this. They have disappeared with everyone's money.

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:18 am

actually, Madgarden has not disappeared. He's on twitter as he has no time to hang out here. And the social media and outreach of Fargoal2 is not his area to cover anyway. That would be Jeff. You can reach Madgarden on twitter though @madgarden and he'll get back to you quickly usually. Anyone who pledged is getting updates, as infrequent as they are, on what is happening with the game and it is very much still in development. Although, it would appear that the general forums here have been let slide again. Not a huge surprise to me and quite disappointing, but no longer my concern. I'm as tired as you are of asking for help/answers/general outreach to fans, players and customers. So, there ya be....
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

fleg

Post by fleg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 am

>Although, it would appear that the general forums here have been let slide again.

indeed, it does seem a rather odd way to treat the people who you hope will buy your game.

>Not a huge surprise to me and quite disappointing, but no longer my concern.
>I'm as tired as you are of asking for help/answers/general outreach to fans,
>players and customers.

you say its not a huge surprise, so if you dont mind my asking, what exactly is the issue with
getting " help/answers/general outreach to fans"? why is it not happening?

cheers,
fleg

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 am

Hey fleg,

It's a very long complicated story and I don't feel comfortable hashing it all out here. But the question "why is this not happening?" should be addressed by the person who is responsible for answering that question or any question, concern or general outreach to fans and customers...but he's also the one always missing in action. SO, it kind of answers itself, ya know?
It's really easy to make promises to people and quite another to carry out the actions needed to fulfill those promises.
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

fleg

Post by fleg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:57 pm

greetings Mrs Madgarden,

>It's really easy to make promises to people and quite another to carry out the actions needed to
>fulfill those promises.

it certainly is.

oh well, thanks for your response anyway.
cheers,
fleg

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:11 am

Hey no worries. The game will come out. I know people don't believe it, but it will! :)