Temple Shield Sighted!

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Giomancer

Temple Shield Sighted!

Post by Giomancer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm

So I had just been scanning this forum a few days or so ago and came across a post about Temple Shields. I played a sad lament in my head, knowing I would never see such a magnificent thing, as all of my erstwhile heroes are on Legend and that such a treasure would surely be buried beyond my reach.

As such, imagine my shock when my dear lady Diana discovered this glorious object on the very first floor of the dungeon! I even took a screenshot with my ipod to capture the moment.

As of now, Lady Diana is still alive, despite a rather nasty tangle with a wyvern in a narrow corridor.

- Gio

P.S: Apologies if the image doesn't look right/breaks something. I'll check it when I get to a desktop.

Giomancer

Reflective shield?

Post by Giomancer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Lady Diana has once again found an item I have never before seen, this time it is a reflective shield. She had experienced an unfortunate series of incidents with pitfalls, placing her somewhere around the eleventh floor. Curious, she discarded her temple shield and began her return to shallower depths with the very damaged (32%) shield.

Fortunately, she managed to repair the shield, but now believes her temple shield forever lost in the dungeon's depths.

- Gio

grasshoper

Re: Temple Shield Sighted!

Post by grasshoper » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:13 am

Giomancer wrote:Lady Diana has once again found an item I have never before seen, this time it is a reflective shield. She had experienced an unfortunate series of incidents with pitfalls, placing her somewhere around the eleventh floor. Curious, she discarded her temple shield and began her return to shallower depths with the very damaged (32%) shield.

Fortunately, she managed to repair the shield, but now believes her temple shield forever lost in the dungeon's depths.

- Gio
What do you mean reflective shield, does it mean a mirror or a glass?
And secondly if her temple shield forever lost in the dungeon's depths, so does it mean, she is no longer exist?
asp batons is typical self-defense tool.

gerryLee

Post by gerryLee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 am

I'm also little bit confused of reflective shield he said :?

xiaofei12

Post by xiaofei12 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 am

Fortunately, FIFA Coins she managed to repair the shield, but now believes her temple shield forever lost in the dungeon's depths.

redbaronx71

Post by redbaronx71 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Logan found his Temple Shield around dungeon level 13, and had to slog through a gauntlet of poison dart traps to get to it. I didn't even know if there was going to be anything worthwhile at the center of this spiral of tunnels lined with the dart traps. I've just had the shield "forged anew" which is done by donating 1000 gold pieces at once (this is where being able to bury gold comes in handy; if you need to pop over to the temple to heal, but don't have the 1000 gold, bury it nearby. Hopefully you also have enough Magic Sacks to hold 1000 or more gold.)

Tubasaurus

Post by Tubasaurus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Well done on the Temple Shields!

If I recall correctly, it ups your regeneration rate and stacks with both Regeneration Spells and sitting on the Temple.

Someone mentioned above about renewing shields.

So far for me it has happened around every 2000 gold total sacrificed AND I had to be at full health.
The result was renewing my shield to 100% and adding a level of enchantment to my sword.

I have noticed though that my Temple Shield also seems to take damage much more slowly than other types.

e.g. I fought a Wyvern with my Temple and even though it was hit multiple times it only lost one point whereas the War Shield went from 100% to 87% in the same match up.

Good luck all

redbaronx71

Post by redbaronx71 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:47 pm

It seems that the Temple Shields are second only to the Dragon Scale Shields.

In the game that I just finished, my Temple Shield was reforged four times. What I've noticed is that one is more likely to get blessed (which causes the shield-reforging) happens more likely the longer one goes through a level without visiting the temple. A large donation is a big factor, too, but I've gotten blessed after small donations, too. It might be a cumulative amount... or it could be a number of factors.

As far as resilience of shields go, I'm going to informally rank them by how well they seem to hold up for me:
Barrel Lid
Wooden Shield
Studded Leather
Metal
Spiked, Macabre, and Reflective all seem similar in longevity
War Shield
Temple Shield
Dragon Scale

Spiked, Macabre, and Reflective all have "special" abilities: Foes get injured by spikes, reflective shield reflects at least flashes of light, and the Macabre can frighten lesser humanoids.

Dragon Scale can protect the user from dragon fire, and the couple of times that I've been lucky enough to find one, they only end up losing a couple points total after many clashes.