Potions and Secret Doors, etc...

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Duff

Re: Potions and Secret Doors, etc...

Post by Duff » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 am

madgarden wrote:Levitation should already do that... doesn't it? You will float up pits too.
I've just met a mercenary on level 10 who was floating in the air above two barrels..! I haven't found any mushrooms on this level yet but am convinced they must be there - I'll keep looking. :) Try as I might I couldn't touch this fella, not even with a wand of striking - so I explored the rest of the map and came back a few minutes later to find that he'd come down to ground so that I could finish him off.

I have no idea if this was a glitch or something deliberately programmed in to happen every now and again, but it did make me smile!

JackHagan

Post by JackHagan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

It's possible that he could have found a Mystery potion himself and drank it, causing him to Levitate... I don't think that Hall maps (with barrels) typically have shrooms in them... that enemy seems to be pretty limited to Cavern (huge open rooms) and Hive (similar to Caverns, but more claustrophobic, and usually crawling with one specific enemy type) type maps...
Signed,

Jack, Unflagging Minion of MadGarden.

JackHagan

Post by JackHagan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm

madgarden wrote:Yeah, kind of like the Nethack bones file action. I have had a bunch of undead/spirit/corpse etc. ideas, we'll see what happens. :) It's fun having stuff carry over, for sure.
Never played Nethack, actually... And here I thought I was being all original 'n' stuff. *sigh*
Signed,

Jack, Unflagging Minion of MadGarden.

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Sup Guys,
Im new to Fargoal and am finding it well worth the money spent...its great..concerning potions and such though, is there a way to tell what these do or is there a page that has weapons, spells, potions and such that you can refernce these. Also Ive found shields but no other weapons..are there other weapons in the game and armor? Thanks and have a good one guys..looking foward to any update coming up cause I know its gonna be great...

Oh..one more thing..when I call up my items/potions page, though I dont know what some of them do, there is frequently an arrow at bottom of page leading you to think that if you hit it it has more to the page but mine always just rolls the scroll back up...any input..thanks again..

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

Hey la1cajun, there are no other weapons besides wands currently, but there is more coming in the 2.0 update. The arrow at the bottom of the scroll means there are more items to view... so you should swipe the scroll to get at them.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

la1cajun

Post by la1cajun » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks MAd..just got it..yeah that works well...something so simple you wonder why you didnt get it in the first place..lol

bladez

Post by bladez » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:44 am

JackHagan wrote:
madgarden wrote:Right now all mages are known as "The Mage," though we'll be adding more unique characters in 2.0, and they will (mostly) stay dead once killed.
Just thought of a nasty little suggestion for one of these unique characters... Dead characters. Take an old dead player character that's still on the save list, copy all the stats, name, and everything, lower the battle skill a little due to Undeath, and let it lurk around the floor where it was killed, but in a completely new game. With amped up damage-dealing skills (compared to normal mobs, anyway) thanks to being a ghoul with an enchanted sword, it would make for a really difficult monster. As a prize for killing it, it could drop, say, five random potion/scroll/wand type items that were in the dead character's possession. Nothing over-powered, but well worth a good hard scrap. Just do a palate swap of the Hero sprite, make him green and gooey looking with rusty armor, and voila! One undead ex-hero. :D

Is it very effective to use a sword particularly in a fight killing?

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking...
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

StevenP

Post by StevenP » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:52 pm

I think his question has more to do with the fact he is trying promote his web site in his signature because his question really didn't make sense.
I use to think I was indecisive but now I'm not so sure...

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

StevenP wrote:I think his question has more to do with the fact he is trying promote his web site in his signature because his question really didn't make sense.
:lol: good catch!
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown