No sword on the sword level

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
efoss

No sword on the sword level

Post by efoss » Sat May 01, 2010 1:31 am

I found the maze-like sword level, but there is no sword that I can find. The only room in the level is near the center, and in the middle of it are the stairs up. Could it be that the sword podium got zorched by the stairs when the level was generated?

This is my first game getting this far, so maybe I just don't know where I'm supposed to be looking. When I enter the level, I get the text "The sword is here somewhere". I don't think I ever had the sword or had it stolen...if that was the case would I have a "sword time left" value in my pause screen?

I've got the whole level mapped out and have traveled around it several times. I've killed everyone on the level a couple of times now and none of them seem to have the sword. That's including killing the minotaur twice.

What do you recommend? Should I dive deeper in the hopes that some monster farther down will have the sword? Or do I need to search more in the sword level?

madgarden

Re: No sword on the sword level

Post by madgarden » Sat May 01, 2010 7:58 am

OMG... really? Yeah, it sounds like the Sword got zorched! Ahh sorry, there's nothing you can do about that, except to enjoy an endless romp though a Swordless dungeon. >_<

Thanks for reporting this, what a weird one... I'll fix that right away.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm on level 20, and also no sword in sight. I could be misunderstanding where the sword is supposed to be, but I have a full map for the level, and the only thing here is a room with a huge pile of gold called the Firedragon's Gold, or somesuch. I defeated all the firedragons and filled up my bags with gold, but no sword.

Again, I'm not certain if this is a bug, or if I'm just not understanding where the sword should be, but I'm on level 20. I'm running the April 2nd release.

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey Dan, you are on floor 20, but have found the fyre drakes lair. The sword is in another map on floor 20.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 am

Ah, you are absolutely right...I found it by going back to floor 19 and taking a different staircase down. Thanks!

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Incidentally, since I upgraded to 1.3, I've found other floors that have "regions" without any tunnels to connect them. I never discovered that in 1.2, until I got to level 20 (the Firedrake's den). The only way to get to these "untunneled" regions is to access them from another level via a staircase or a pit. I don't know if there are any that are accessible only from a level below, but I suppose it might be possible...

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Thu May 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Yes, the tunnels aren't always guaranteed to exist for all maps, so sometimes you will have to take a detour to get there.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 am

Hello sir, I'm new about this topic No sword on the sword level, this game seems like interesting to play.. i have to take more information about this game so i can play this fun and challenging.

GregorySuh

Post by GregorySuh » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:19 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru