Wow! Fantastic game!

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
mourne

Wow! Fantastic game!

Post by mourne » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:08 am

So I just found Fargoal by googling old school dungeon crawl games on the iphone. This game is perfect for the great oldschool style of fun dungeon crawl games.

I created an account just to tell you that. Keep up the great work. I would have backed Fargoal2 if I'd known about it then :).

That said. This game is hard! I love it. Even when I get my ass handed to me, I want to fire up a new game immediately and try again.

My main problem thus far is getting firepower. It looks like the only way to beef up is to enchant your sword by finding hidden locations with pots that have the enchant sword skill. I've been making sure to do complete clears on each floor to make sure I'm strong, but the danger level is still really high. <---- NOT complaining.

Thank you for giving me something to really enjoy. Most modern games bore the hell out of me. You guys ROCK!

freela00
Site Admin

Re: Wow! Fantastic game!

Post by freela00 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 pm

mourne wrote:So I just found Fargoal by googling old school dungeon crawl games on the iphone. This game is perfect for the great oldschool style of fun dungeon crawl games.

I created an account just to tell you that. Keep up the great work. I would have backed Fargoal2 if I'd known about it then :).

That said. This game is hard! I love it. Even when I get my ass handed to me, I want to fire up a new game immediately and try again.

My main problem thus far is getting firepower. It looks like the only way to beef up is to enchant your sword by finding hidden locations with pots that have the enchant sword skill. I've been making sure to do complete clears on each floor to make sure I'm strong, but the danger level is still really high. <---- NOT complaining.

Thank you for giving me something to really enjoy. Most modern games bore the hell out of me. You guys ROCK!

Thanks for the Fargoal love!

We really appreciate it when people discover the game and enjoy playing it — even though it is hard. By comparison, the original Commodore 64 version that I wrote in 1983 is *even harder* to survive and get out alive with the Sword, if you can believe that! It actually enjoys a reputation of being almost impossible to solve — though people *have* done it. I've only managed to do it once or twice in 30 years, so that should tell you something.

Paul (Madgarden) did an *amazing* job of capturing the spirit of the original version of Fargoal in terms of the inherent challenges of competing the game. "Sword of Fargoal 2" takes things even further by introducing new quests and challenges, but the main quest of retrieving the Sword of Fargoal and bringing it out or its dungeon tomb so that you can help rescue the land still exists, and we don't think it will be any easier to do! ;^)

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
Fargoal, LLC

leonelmcley

Post by leonelmcley » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:29 am

Is there any new updates of this game?
Warning protected by nunchucks

aron123

Post by aron123 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 am

Thanks for share…
Save your time and get on time success in pass4sure and United States Military Academy exams by using our latest Android and other superb exam pass resources.

tazygill

Post by tazygill » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:21 am

This game is hard! I love it. Even when I get my ass handed to me, I want to fire up a new game immediately and try again....!
tZy

kenneroids

Post by kenneroids » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 pm

This Games is really Hard to play but the Colour, graphics, special FX, lighting, 3D levels, all look great. There really needs to be at least some basic character animation for walking and fighting. Even just two frames would be better than nothing. Otherwise looks nice. :D :D

redbaronx71

Post by redbaronx71 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm not very worried about animating those tiny little characters, but being able to customize them a bit would be fun.

Though I will say-- as someone who has been gaming as long as I have, I should just be grateful that there is a female avatar AND she's not handicapped for being female (I'm looking at YOU, Original Dungeons&Dragons)