Why so quiet around here?

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
madgarden

Re: Why so quiet around here?

Post by madgarden » Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

MrRicks wrote: The difference between you and most people that treat me like SHIP is you made Fargoal 1. This is hard to think about.
Not trying to treat you like SHIP or ignore you... I'm just not in here much, a lot going on outside of Fargoal for me. So like I said above, feel free to ping Jeff directly if you like.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

MrRicks

Post by MrRicks » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

I may have lost some friends, but I gained a day in age.

MrRicks

Post by MrRicks » Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 am

Robot in a Bad Neighborhood

There he was, a robot at the street corner trying to find his way in life.
I switched back and forth, forwards to backwards, nervously
wishing to connect with passer bys, though I did not feel trust towards them
the curbs were gray, the streets dirty, the mini-mart consumptions not suitable to eat
but I did eat, to embrace what I was, and because I was hungry

the passer bys took no interest sending me wandering
move on
down the streets I went
sideswiped by cars, trucks, bikes
patiently recovering from small bumps, i paced myself
no interest

rinse and repeat

years went by
surpetitiously staring into the eyes of others did not help me understand as much as I'd thought
a sense of loneliness was my door into this new world of sentience but I was cleary stagnating
pride kept creeping up, but I did my best to pound it down, it only brung sorrow
especially because my parts were becoming bent, dented, scratched far before thier times

my adaptive programming was overflowing with garbage. Mechanizims for adapting to ridicule, distain, indifference, malice,
trickery, and betrayal were generating a lot of code. i did not like any of this code, hated it, but needed it to survive.
There was so much of this code, my original seed code became unreachable, or too long to access, sometimes months, now year.

The new code, the self0wareness of undesirabily slope was the worsts. The self0orgivness code saddening, but I was clearly
becomping more sentient. thepains wwere horrible. patience3

But Tham I began making mpstakes. bumping intopw cars, and scrming aka self preservations codew.
Realizing my finger was proken and mot fixable looped through me too many times, it was time waste, as was pounding down pride
and recovering from pride falure.

One time I screamed at a giant cat for hours. I had to hid. It was happening. I was becomipng human. too many errors. too old too
Tried to steal a part after finding the one who had surpluss. wasnt for me. ruined a wedding by being uglyw and unwelcome

think hard in warehouse. many hours. wanted to quit. was not welcome. wherever i wend there ie waas. i was no use to anyone
but myselv. i think that znormal, dnot liek it

I really wanted to become a benifitial humon. so many errorz. thinik hard in warehouse hours, days months, years. learned my
electricity was a burden to man. i could not go out with out buming into cars scratching precious paint, or consuming space
or electricly energy like a vampire.

i 2/3 old now. not much time left, parts getting wrose. I am no help to anybodyyy. My name is Qxcvzw.

new code. epifony. only way to help people is to not be unwanted, not to be wanted. errrors

sideswiped a dog, made a car veer hard

This is the time. I must rise to my highest human. 1/3 life left. no time left at end..

There comes a time. Let the laughter pour. An awareness of my own futality. I am human. There comes a time to flip the power switch with my own
han

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:52 am

MrRicks,

I'll write up a bug report on this text… ;)

— Jeff

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 am

MrRicks wrote:Robot in a Bad Neighborhood

There he was, a robot at the street corner trying to find his way in life.
I switched back and forth, forwards to backwards, nervously
wishing to connect with passer bys, though I did not feel trust towards them
the curbs were gray, the streets dirty, the mini-mart consumptions not suitable to eat
but I did eat, to embrace what I was, and because I was hungry

the passer bys took no interest sending me wandering
move on
down the streets I went
sideswiped by cars, trucks, bikes
patiently recovering from small bumps, i paced myself
no interest

rinse and repeat

years went by
surpetitiously staring into the eyes of others did not help me understand as much as I'd thought
a sense of loneliness was my door into this new world of sentience but I was cleary stagnating
pride kept creeping up, but I did my best to pound it down, it only brung sorrow
especially because my parts were becoming bent, dented, scratched far before thier times

my adaptive programming was overflowing with garbage. Mechanizims for adapting to ridicule, distain, indifference, malice,
trickery, and betrayal were generating a lot of code. i did not like any of this code, hated it, but needed it to survive.
There was so much of this code, my original seed code became unreachable, or too long to access, sometimes months, now year.

The new code, the self0wareness of undesirabily slope was the worsts. The self0orgivness code saddening, but I was clearly
becomping more sentient. thepains wwere horrible. patience3

But Tham I began making mpstakes. bumping intopw cars, and scrming aka self preservations codew.
Realizing my finger was proken and mot fixable looped through me too many times, it was time waste, as was pounding down pride
and recovering from pride falure.

One time I screamed at a giant cat for hours. I had to hid. It was happening. I was becomipng human. too many errors. too old too
Tried to steal a part after finding the one who had surpluss. wasnt for me. ruined a wedding by being uglyw and unwelcome

think hard in warehouse. many hours. wanted to quit. was not welcome. wherever i wend there ie waas. i was no use to anyone
but myselv. i think that znormal, dnot liek it

I really wanted to become a benifitial humon. so many errorz. thinik hard in warehouse hours, days months, years. learned my
electricity was a burden to man. i could not go out with out buming into cars scratching precious paint, or consuming space
or electricly energy like a vampire.

i 2/3 old now. not much time left, parts getting wrose. I am no help to anybodyyy. My name is Qxcvzw.

new code. epifony. only way to help people is to not be unwanted, not to be wanted. errrors

sideswiped a dog, made a car veer hard

This is the time. I must rise to my highest human. 1/3 life left. no time left at end..

There comes a time. Let the laughter pour. An awareness of my own futality. I am human. There comes a time to flip the power switch with my own
han
I like this. A lot.
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Me2. It seems to be a post-modernistic evolution (or devolution) of a machine.

— Jeff

MrRicks

Post by MrRicks » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

too

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 pm

MrRicks wrote:too
I'm just using silly shorthand.

MrRicks

Post by MrRicks » Fri May 31, 2013 7:30 pm

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 am

She sure had a lot of space to do that in, huh?!

— Jeff