Ideas!!

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
Paolo

Re: Ideas!!

Post by Paolo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 am

madgarden wrote:Paolo, I can't describe *all* of that... it's a secret. ;) You'll have to find out for yourself. However, things like item and monster placement will make more "sense" as far as where you find things. More chests and treasure in store rooms and vaults, and more armoured humans organized into secure areas, etc. More monster encounters off of the beaten path. Many unique, secret, and special places.

As far as dungeon persistence, it will work a little different... there will be one Sword of Fargoal quest, and if you die in there, you can send a new hero into the *same* dungeon, unless you decide to delete that quest and generate a new Sword of Fargoal dungeon. We will be adding other quests as well.
Ok, I guess I just have to wait and see... It sounds good tho. :)

Fengar

Post by Fengar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Well mr. Jeff, your little creatures did it again :D

I was on map level 11 and on lvl 21 trying to do the crazy thing of being a very high level to kick asses when a lizard came out of a staircase (12ish) and freaking killed me!!! It was like 3 criticals in a row omg! I was in possession of 50+ restorations, i read that when we are stunned we dont take the potions wich is very understandable, but i was sick, its suposed to not drink it? And lol lol after i restarted again, i just died 3 times and had to restart in lvl 1! Exploding treasure chest are great when you have 3 hp :D

Will we be able to keep our old saves on 2.0? Maybe ress our chars? I would love to ress that lvl 21 poor hero with astonishing 117 hp to take my revenge :D

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Fengar wrote:Well mr. Jeff, your little creatures did it again :D

I was on map level 11 and on lvl 21 trying to do the crazy thing of being a very high level to kick asses when a lizard came out of a staircase (12ish) and freaking killed me!!! It was like 3 criticals in a row omg! I was in possession of 50+ restorations, i read that when we are stunned we dont take the potions wich is very understandable, but i was sick, its suposed to not drink it? And lol lol after i restarted again, i just died 3 times and had to restart in lvl 1! Exploding treasure chest are great when you have 3 hp :D

Will we be able to keep our old saves on 2.0? Maybe ress our chars? I would love to ress that lvl 21 poor hero with astonishing 117 hp to take my revenge :D
Wow! Tragic story, I can only imagine how big of a shock that is! I can tell you've now experienced the highs and lows of Fargoal, and somewhat Fargoal's legacy from the past where "dead was dead." We've, of coarse, introduced Squire mode where you don't die, but get resurrected at the last temple you were at instead, but often our most avid players go for Hero or Legend mode.

Well, Fargoal 2 will offer some unique possibilities that Fargoal 1 did not have. Also, there *may* be some merit to saving your dead character, but I'm going to let Lead Game Designer Paul comment from here!

In the mean time, thanks for questing through our world!

Cheers,

Jeff McCord

Fengar

Post by Fengar » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Naaah, like we say around here when people is going to do something they ask: We go with or without emotion?

raaaarely we go without emotion :twisted:

I`ll keep that poor hero while I have some open slots, for now... :mrgreen:

And what is the cases where we dont drink restorations?

So far I just know "stun", how about the other effects?

TheDude

Post by TheDude » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Fengar wrote:And what is the cases where we dont drink restorations?

So far I just know "stun", how about the other effects?
My understanding is that if the hit you take drops you below the negative of your level (i.e. level 14 = -14 HP) then you're done. If the hit takes you to 0 or less HP, but above the negative of your level (i.e. 0 to -13, in this example) then you'll drink a restoration potion.

Please someone correct me if I got that wrong.

Cheers,
~Jeff

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Ahh yes... the equation for "death" is currently this:

-4 - XPLEV = fatal

So at level 1, if your HP drops to -5 or worse, you're hit fatally. At level 10, fatal hit is at -14 etc. Otherwise if you're above that mark, you have a chance to at least drink a rescue potion.

In 2.0 things will be a little different... when you drop below 0, you become incapacitated, and will die if you drop below the fatal mark. But if for some reason you're not being beaten to a pulp, or a trap drops you below 0 but you aren't immediately dead, then you will recover after some turns and be back on your feet.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P