Ideas!!

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
madgarden

Re: Ideas!!

Post by madgarden » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Ahh... since the site was hacked, the permissions are still messed up in some places. Will have to pass that along...

Yeah, actually you will see less drakes overall, but they and other dragons will be hella more scary to deal with. As it should be!
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Silver.Band

Post by Silver.Band » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm

dragons also had some great items drops... gotta make the challenge worth the loot!

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 pm

As long as it makes sense for an enemy to be carrying a thing, there will be a drop of said thing. Otherwise, they're not just going to spawn random loot when they die. I've always felt that that was silly. Rather, enemies should be guarding the good loot which is secured at some location.
Follow me on Twitter @madgarden for more frequent Fargoal 2 progress updates! :P

Fengar

Post by Fengar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 am

Well, I keep being robbed by these little dwarves who loves to keep coming around, steal stuff from me and get away in a way thats so annoying, I got that "your pocket feels lighter" message so I chase the damn little thing the hell across the map, he walk over a staircase and well, disappear forever! No way! I must kill him! What will happen when i get the sword? Omg Thats soooo many of them that I have no more fireball or strike wands :) .

Will I be able to go the same saircase and be able to see him around?

I want to kill the little bastard and get my stuff back :twisted:

Yeah, yeah...

One more question: Is there a way to have so many +++ on the sword? I died on map level 15 last game, mapped every level and my sword was only +4, how it comes for players to have +30 and +70? omg Is it based on rolls when I open a chest?

obs:sorry about my english, Im from brazil and it fails a lot, im trying my best!

**Loving to be able to play this again!

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Hey Fengar... in Fargoal 2.0, all of the monsters stay around in the dungeon, so nobody will disappear if they go down the stairs. You can chase anything down until you catch it now, no matter where it goes. :)

Also the enchanted weapon spells people are finding are probably hidden in secret rooms... search the walls with a light spell and look for a glowing magic rune, that's where a secret room is hidden.

Fengar

Post by Fengar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Yeah, I search everything, so far my guesses are correct, I see the map and the possibilities of finding a secret area, walk over there and keep trying pushing the walls, I find aprox 3 secrets areas each map, I'm sure its bad luck, Im haunted.

Paolo

Post by Paolo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:40 am

Madgarden,

could you please describe a bit better how the procedural generation of the dungeon will work in Fargoal 2.0? From various posts on the forums, I got the impression that with SOF 2.0 many things will change. I am curious to know about how, for example, the generation process will work, how monsters & loot will be placed, how enemy will be respawned and at what frequency, and how dungeon persistance between adventurers will work.

Thanks!

kiaralynn

Post by kiaralynn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:03 am

hopefully that damn issue is resolved already.. good luck to you guys :mrgreen:

madgarden

Post by madgarden » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:13 am

Paolo, I can't describe *all* of that... it's a secret. ;) You'll have to find out for yourself. However, things like item and monster placement will make more "sense" as far as where you find things. More chests and treasure in store rooms and vaults, and more armoured humans organized into secure areas, etc. More monster encounters off of the beaten path. Many unique, secret, and special places.

As far as dungeon persistence, it will work a little different... there will be one Sword of Fargoal quest, and if you die in there, you can send a new hero into the *same* dungeon, unless you decide to delete that quest and generate a new Sword of Fargoal dungeon. We will be adding other quests as well.

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

kiaralynn wrote:hopefully that damn issue is resolved already.. good luck to you guys :mrgreen:
which damn issue? :lol:
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown