2.0 Q&A

From its early days on the C64 and VIC-20, the "remake" for the PC and Mac, or all-new version which is now available on the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/8MDq3N)
LastFootnote

Re: 2.0 Q&A

Post by LastFootnote » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:39 pm

madgarden, this is all well and good. Just please release 2.0 before you go bankrupt so that we can pay you for the IAP and keep this train running. :?

freela00
Site Admin

Post by freela00 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:46 pm

LastFootnote wrote:madgarden, this is all well and good. Just please release 2.0 before you go bankrupt so that we can pay you for the IAP and keep this train running. :?
Oh, oh, we are almost out of money!! Nope, can't do the release of 2.0...

Nah, just kidding! We are committed to everyone and getting this puppy done as soon as humanly possible. As you all know, Paul has been working his proverbial A** off to make it the coolest thing since ... since Fargoal 1.0!!!

We all want to see how it does when it is done and in *your* hands!

Cheers,

Jeff

Silver.Band

Post by Silver.Band » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:26 pm

madgarden wrote:As for the IAP... we may have an IAP that will let you unlock everything, but we don't even know what all we're going to have as IAP yet. :) For sure there are the extra characters and some other specialty items, with more to come as it is updated.
I would definately support this concept. At least you have the option of not being lead on to buy more and more little buy little. Not all people want all options and some people just want to play the game at its full potential without all the BS... so an all in one "unlock" purchase would be nice. I look at games as a whole, not the sum of its parts and quite frankly (yes, I know you need to get some cha-ching for your labor) you guys have a hit. I imagine sales should go steadily uphill from here on out, especially with Christmas and iPads probably being on the top of Santa's list.

I am not sure of the IAP purchase dynamics and tracking there of... but with 2.0 with IAP integration, maybe set a .99 price tag plus IAP options. I probably might have never pulled the proverbial trigger if this was an IAP on initial purchase. It is a general turn of for a casual gamer. Something for you to add into the final decision making for future customers...

Don't get me wrong, I support this app and the dedication put behind it. I will be grinding 2.0 believe me (although I haven't wanted to delve after getting boned on dungeon 19 right before the red steps.... :D

You have to be pretty strategic when you go IAP...

MacLeod

Post by MacLeod » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 pm

For the record, I'll buy anything that expands the content of the game... regardless of price. I won't pay for resurrection or for more gold... but I think it is cool that such options are available.

I just can't wait to get into a deeper, more involved Sword of Fargoal experience. :D

Jhonjorems

Post by Jhonjorems » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:59 am

Hello sir good day first time to her this topic game,, but this is amazing and interesting to play. looking forward for this game.

LastFootnote

Post by LastFootnote » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:35 pm

So... since Fargoal 2 is never coming out, can we non-backers get some access to the beta? I'd be willing to shell out some cash to try it out.

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 pm

It's coming out...eventually. New programmer posts updates every so often.
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

bloewenberg

Post by bloewenberg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:11 am

Mrs Madgarden .... Please help us by translating "eventually". From my experience with this forums, that means anytime between tomorrow and the end of the century.

I have given up all hope of 2.0. This is the biggest piece of "vapor ware" ever conceived!!!

SybrJH

Post by SybrJH » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Any chance the powers that be would allow some more testers/backers? I would love to donate to the cause if it would help this thing to see the light of day. Even if it's a long while, I still would love to participate. Been kicking myself for the last 3 1/2 years for not joining in the kickstarter. :(

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 am

bloewenberg wrote:Mrs Madgarden .... Please help us by translating "eventually". From my experience with this forums, that means anytime between tomorrow and the end of the century.

I have given up all hope of 2.0. This is the biggest piece of "vapor ware" ever conceived!!!

eventually

Also found in: Legal, Wikipedia.
e·ven·tu·al·ly
(ĭ-vĕn′cho͞o-ə-lē)
adv.
At an unspecified future time

as you can see though, I'm not even involved with this project anymore, yet I'm still the only one that ever comes in here to answer questions, and take flack from people who over exaggerate and demand...but only for the fact that I hope Madgarden actually sees a dime from the 2+ years he did put into it...

...eventually.
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown