Who are you?

A place where rogues and brigands invariably find themselves. General discussion is welcomed, if only to wile away the endless night and stave off insanity...
Mrs. Madgarden

Who are you?

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 am

Tell us about you!
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

Mrs. Madgarden

Re: Who are you?

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm

alright, I'll go first!
So, I'm Rachel. 33 yr old mama to 3 crazy boys ages 11,3 and 2. And slave to my two fur babies, Molly my 10 yr old black prickly puss cat, and Koda our huge black 3 yr old Newfounland/retriever cross doggy.
Oh yea, and Madgarden is my partner in crime for almost 11 yrs now! :)
I'm originally a Yankee, born and raised in Northwestern Ohio, on a farm no less! 12 yrs ago I moved up here to Ontario, Canada with Paul and wouldn't change it for anything!
Now I'm a dual American/Canadian citizen.
This is my family!
Rachel-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.-unknown

JackHagan

Post by JackHagan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 am

This should be an interesting thread...

So, I'm a Capricorn, I love pina coladas and long walks on the beach... erm... wait. Wrong forum... :?

:oops:

Anyway, my name really is Jack, but not Hagan. I'm 28, living in South Texas, just north of San Antonio. I have a lovely wife, Steph (who also came here from Ohio, incidentally). We've been married for over two years, and have a beautiful baby daughter (Lilah, 17 mos) and #2 on the way. :mrgreen: I'm a Dilbertian Cubicle Dweller, but I do love my job (corporate trainer/QA)... though that may just be my masochistic streak coming out. Lord knows it's grown exponentially since I started letting Paul toy with my sanity. My Dad lives and works in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. Ironically, he's in QA too... except he QA's the military's MRAP trucks rather than phone calls. :P Since he's over there, we live with my Mom to keep her company and help her keep up the house. I'm an avid gamer, preferring PC RPG's like Fallout and Arcanum, and SNES/PSX-era JRPG's. I do play action/adventure, action/RPG, and FPS quite a bit as well, not to mention table games like D&D and Magic: The Gathering. Yeah, I know. Uber-nerd. :ugeek:
Signed,

Jack, Unflagging Minion of MadGarden.

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Jack! Thanks for replying. I thought I had scared everyone away. Madgarden said I did anyway. heh

I have to know where your wife is from in the Ohio area. I'm from the Northwest Ohio area, 50 min. west of Toledo.

Blackhart

Post by Blackhart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:20 pm

Live in San Francisco, work for a venture capital firm that invests in healthcare companies (IT, medical devices, life sciences). Just had a baby girl who is soon to be 1 year old. Totally sleep deprived. iPhone and iPhone games/apps have been a life saver - play Pandora to make the baby sleep, only gaming I can do is pretty much iPhone while walking to work, iPhone for pix and videos of my little one. I should be an Apple salesperson. :)

Love old school RPGs. Wish there was one with tons of classes, spells, races...I don't care about graphics as much as rich content. One of my favorite games is Dominions 3....no time for it these days but its a cool fantasy war game with a ton of personality.

That's it for now!

JackHagan

Post by JackHagan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 am

prid5 wrote:Jack! Thanks for replying. I thought I had scared everyone away. Madgarden said I did anyway. heh

I have to know where your wife is from in the Ohio area. I'm from the Northwest Ohio area, 50 min. west of Toledo.
I'm not that easy to scare off... :lol:

Well, Steph was actually born in Chicago, but she spent most of her life in Cleveland. Lived up there until a little over three years ago... Her family was down here, and we'd just met online, so she just decided "What the heck," and came to Texas. And yes, you're doing the math right... it was just a little less than a year from the time she moved down here until we got married. :lol:
Signed,

Jack, Unflagging Minion of MadGarden.

ImMatthewR

Post by ImMatthewR » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm Matthew, although I prefer people call me Matt. I am currently 15 years old, attending high school as a sophomore. I'm not the most social person in the world, in fact I tend to keep to myself. :oops: (But I hope that will change) - When I grow up, I'd either want to be a Lawyer or someone who works at home. :P

My life really isn't that interesting..

Mrs. Madgarden

Post by Mrs. Madgarden » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:10 pm

cool guys! It's neat to see where everyone is from and what they're doing in life...ya know aside from playing friggen cool games..heh!

StevenP

Post by StevenP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm married with eight kids (no kidding). I live in Iowa but work in Omaha, NE. I'm a Systems Architect (been a programmer since I was 11). I am originally from Ontario, Canada but my wife is from Idaho.

prid5, if you're into these type of games then Madgarden is a lucky guy. My wife would be bored to tears but at least she doesn't mind me playing them.
I use to think I was indecisive but now I'm not so sure...

Andreas Colter

Post by Andreas Colter » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am

Orlando, FL here. I'm a full-time student (Master of Education at the University of Central Florida) and part-time adjunct college professor (Valencia Community College). In two years, I hope two switch those roles, becoming a full-time professor and a part-time student.