So when you're not Fargoaling...

A place where rogues and brigands invariably find themselves. General discussion is welcomed, if only to wile away the endless night and stave off insanity...
JackHagan

So when you're not Fargoaling...

Post by JackHagan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 pm

What do you play? iOS or otherwise.

I don't play much of anything else on my iPod other than Solitaire.

Mostly, I play console JRPG's, and American RPG's and FPS's on my PC. I'm a fan of the classic stuff... I'm actually re-playing Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Legend of Dragoon again right now. Yeah... at the same time. I'm crazy like that. As shooters go, I like the simpler stuff, like Valve shooters, like Day of Defeat and Counter Strike.

My all-time favorites would have to be Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, The Longest Journey, and Red Faction.

Anyone else care to take a stab?
Signed,

Jack, Unflagging Minion of MadGarden.

StevenP

Re: So when you're not Fargoaling...

Post by StevenP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Good question.

Between wasting time on the iPod and PSP I am working on my own games to sell. I develop full-time so I find it difficult to find the time for my own programming but I'd like to get some stuff out there and hopefully make it into a full-time job. I have also been working through some nice Blender tutorials and books for 3D rendering.

One day I would actually like to develop a rogue with 3D pre-rendered graphics. I've always wanted to see a game with super top-notch graphics but with the rogue game play. I don't think the two should necessarily be exclusive. However, as far as developing that, I would rather work on other ideas I have for non-rogue games. As madgarden can tell you, it is a lot of work developing one of those. I know all the basics for random room and dungeon generation, etc., but there are a lot of details to work out if you want to make a fully playable rogue game.
I use to think I was indecisive but now I'm not so sure...

StevenP

Post by StevenP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh, I wanted to add that my kids have really been enjoying playing Minecraft. I wish I were the guy that developed it. He's a multi-millionaire now.
I use to think I was indecisive but now I'm not so sure...

kofikingston

Post by kofikingston » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

I usually play RPG games while Fargoaling,
By the way is their any new updates regarding to this thread guys?, its been long time quite here...

mohsinj677

Post by mohsinj677 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 am

:x This post is so great and nice :P

I usually play RPG games while Fargoaling,
By the way is their any new updates regarding to this thread guys?, its been long time quite here... :lol: